Grants for Individuals:
Mary Alice Bosseler Wigs for Cancer Patients Fund
This Fund is dedicated to women who are struggling financially and cannot afford a quality wig to address the hair loss that often accompanies cancer treatment. The stress, anxiety and vulnerability that comes with a woman’s changing appearance is compounded when she does not have the means to address those changes in a way that makes her feel comfortable or secure. The intent of this Fund is to give women with financial need a path forward if they feel a well-made wig would improve their
outlook, safeguard their privacy, increase their self-confidence and provide them strength as they continue their recovery journey.
- Intended to assist women in the Southern Tier currently in treatment for cancer.
- Recipients must demonstrate a financial need for assistance.
- Each grant not to exceed $300 per individual.
- Program-approved hairstylists must be used.
- Grants awarded will be payable directly to the hairstylists.
- Grant approval is at the discretion of Fund for Women.
- Expected turn around time less than one week from application approval.
How to Apply
- Complete an application form with your case manager at the cancer treatment center or download an application.
- Mail or e-mail the application form to the Fund for Women for wig approval.
- Once approved, call one of the program-approved hairstylists listed on the application to make an appointment for consultation.
- Your hairstylist will order your chosen wig.
- When the wig arrives, the hairstylist will call you to schedule the fitting appointment.