Event Co-sponsorship Opportunities
Community Events Information for Event Sponsors
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring an event to benefit, co-benefit or promote the work of Fund for Women of the Southern Tier, Inc. (FFW). Each year FFW gratefully receives requests from organizations and individuals who wish to hold an event, promotion, or sale to benefit FFW. In order to ensure success and mutual satisfaction, FFW has established the following guidelines. Please read these guidelines before submitting your proposal.
The Fund for Women of the Southern Tier, Inc. exists to help girls and women achieve economic self-sufficiency and realize life goals through grants in the areas of education and health.
Because organizations and individuals that sponsor events for FFW use our name and often our logo, we request that you share information about your event with FFW and seek FFW’s approval in advance of a final decision to proceed with the event or any public announcement of it.
GENERAL EVENT CRITERIA:
- Please submit your proposal at least 8 weeks prior to the event
- Each event and/or fundraising activity must be in compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations. This applies primarily to raffles, auctions, events with alcohol, and ticketed events. FFW will provide advice if requested, but the sponsoring organization is responsible for compliance
- All promotions, contracts, insurance, and permits required by the city or town in which the event is taking place are the responsibility of the sponsor
- Events must respect the independence and integrity of FFW and may not be politically partisan in nature. FFW reserves the right to decline any event that is not consistent with its mission
- Events that benefit FFW financially or that use FFW’s name must be approved by the FFW President or her designate in writing (letter or email)
- Funds raised at the event, and a summary report accounting for funds raised, must be submitted to FFW no later than 30 days after the event
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED BY FFW:
- If you receive written approval to proceed with your event, the FFW Liaison can assist you in the planning process to:
- Offer both advice and expertise in the planning of your event, if desired
- Advertise your event on our online event calendar and e-newsletter
- Enlist FFW representatives to speak about FFW or greet attendees at your event
- Provide marketing materials (name, logo) and informational material
FFW IS NOT ABLE TO:
- Promote your event anywhere other than the online event calendar and E-newsletter
- Fund or reimburse any expenses incurred throughout the planning and execution of the event
- Guarantee attendance
- Solicit sponsorship revenue or purchase advertising
TAX-DEDUCTIBILITY OF FINANCIAL AND IN-KIND DONATIONS:
Please keep in mind that financial proceeds from the event transferred to FFW will be acknowledged as a tax-deductible donation to FFW from the sponsoring party. The sponsor will be sent a gift acknowledgment letter that includes the appropriate IRS documentation.
Acknowledgment letters for in-kind goods or services will list only the item or service donated, without an assigned market value because the IRS requires that the donor determine the market value of in-kind donations.
For more information about FFW and its activities, please refer to our website www.ffwst.org