It is that time of year again! The Fund for Women will be planting bulbs in recognition of those we honored as part of our Mother’s Day appeal in May on October 3rd at Wisner Park. This annual event ensures a beautiful spring reminder of all those who have positively impacted our lives.
To maintain safe distance and COVID-related safety, this outdoor activity is limited to 20 people. You must pre-register. See details below and email Krista Matia, Volunteer Chair, FFW, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to sign up.
2020 Bulb Planting
Saturday October 3, 2020 at 9:00 am
Wisner Park, Elmira NY.
Rain date will be Sat. Oct 10.
We ask volunteers to bring their own gloves and planting tools. Masks are required.
We can also provide some tools assigned to one volunteer and not shared.
- We will follow all CDC and NYS guidelines for COVID-19. Face masks will be required at the bulb planting event in Oct. 2020.
- Volunteers must attest during check-in that morning using the NY COVID guideline questions.
- Face masks will be provided for those that arrive without one. To maintain social distancing, volunteers will be capped at 20.
- Volunteers under age of 18 are required to wear a mask and must be supervised/accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Volunteers must maintain 6′ social distance. The park will easily allow for volunteers to be spaced out and avoid close contact with other participants