Would you please take a moment today to make a real difference in the lives of girls and women of the Southern Tier by supporting our annual appeal?
The Fund for Women of the Southern Tier helps girls and women achieve economic self-sufficiency and realize life goals through grants in the areas of education, health, wellness, career, and life skills.
Established in 2009, the Fund is the first funding stream dedicated solely to helping girls and women residing in Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben and Yates counties. The Fund supports important programs and deserving individuals with annual grants that ‘close the gap’. Some of our favorite 2017 grants include:
- Assistance to 20 single moms setting up a new apartment
- Food pantries for essential womens’ needs (Who knew food stamps cannot be used for feminine hygiene products?)
- Seven classes on healthy relationships and date violence at a youth center
- Parenting classes and girls empowerment classes
- Girl’s Circle and Women’s Circle support groups
- STEM program using fabric design projects donated back to community organizations (paying it forward!)
- STEAHM class (science, technology, engineering, art, health and math) for middle school girls
- Financial education programs and self-defense classes
- Insulated bags for breastfeeding moms and moms with babies in Neonatal Intensive Care
- Respite care training to serve senior women with Alzheimer Disease and their caregivers
- Science summer camp
- Transportation, childcare and utility bills not covered by insurance for breast cancer patients
Led by a completely volunteer board and friends, your entire donation goes directly to help girls and women. The Fund helps grantees achieve self-reliance, prevail though life-altering experiences (divorce, abuse, unemployment or illness), further their education or skills, and gives at risk girls and women a chance to succeed.
Please consider a tax-deductible gift today that will change someone’s tomorrow for the better. Our grantees appreciate the affirmation they receive when donors like you care.
Chris Sharkey President
P.S. Increase your impact with your employer’s matching gift! Donate securely online at FFWST.org